It's been a very long time since I have blogged on a regular basis. Just when I felt I was getting into a blogging rhythm, my plug in charger for my laptop stopped working, so I couldn't use my laptop. The only time I had access to a computer was when Moe was home from school, so I could use his laptop or go to the library. As soon a I get a new charger, I should be able to blog more regularly.
Here's what I've been doing when I wasn't blogging:
- I have been consistently exercising for over a month! I average 5 times a week and sometimes I work out twice in one day. My only problem is that the more I exercise, the more I eat! It's a challenge to watch what I eat, so I email what I eat to another friend. I've been emailing my daily food intake for about a week and I have noticed a difference in what I put in my mouth. It keeps me accountable, honest, and I think twice about putting that third chocolate chip cookie in my mouth!
- I have been feeling great about my relationship with Moe. When he's home we talk about politics, current events, religion, and I find myself talking to him like I would to another adult. We try to go out to lunch once a week, just the two of us. I often catch myself looking at him and wondering how did he grow up so fast.
- When I was jogging with a friend, we saw a bobcat. She thought it was just a huge cat and wanted to go near it. When I noticed that it was sitting down and the height of it came to about our waist (I'm 5'7, she's 5'8), we knew it it was no ordinary cat.
We backed away very slowly and as I looked at the bobcat I said, "Please don't eat me, my friend here is white, so her meat is a lot more healthier than dark meat- less fat and more nutritious."
Unfortunately my friend didn't appreciate my comment and tried to use me as a shield.
- Can you believe I have yet to write about Moe's Eagle Scout Court of Honor? It really was a great event and memorable. Stay tuned, it's something I have to write about, especially since I'm turning my blog into a blog book!
- I've been extremely busy taking classes through the community. Another reason why it's getting harder to blog on a regular basis.
- We're in the process of making some major decisions in our lives in the next few months, sort of stressful, but whatever the outcome- it will be okay.
- I'm sitting here at a cafe taking advantage of their free WI-FI, eating a bran muffin, drinking a hot herbal tea, and the sun is shining brightly, despite the thirty degree weather. And I'm doing one of my most favorite things in the world- WRITING!
Life is Good.
The year 2011 is already looking like it just might be a very good year.