Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I ate that much?!

Last Thursday my son hurt his knee during football practice. It hurt to see him so heartbroken. As a mother, you just want to protect them. It seems that the older your child gets the bigger the heartbreaks. And yet, I did not over eat! I was very stressed out and I didn't go on a binging frenzy. Then Mother's Day came and it kind of went downhill from there.

I received a lot of chocolate for Mother's Day. There were a few mini candy bars, Hershey kisses, almond Rocha, and home made truffles, did I make you sick yet? My husband made a fantastic Mother's Day dinner and he likes to place the food on the plate, he's all about presentation! Unfortunately, my portions were too big, but I kept my mouth shut and dutifully cleaned up my plate. I ignored that stuffed feeling, I felt like I deserved to eat that much after having a few stressful days. And as much as the dinner was great I felt completely stuffed, not a good feeling.

And then Sunday night, my son became sick with the flu. When it rains it pours! So, here he was with an injured knee and sick with the flu. And the over eating that started on Sunday, continued onto Monday. The frenzy finally stopped on Monday night when I felt really sick from all the food that I ate. My portion control was better on Monday, but the choices that I made were not that great.

Today was weigh in day and I lost 1.5 pound. Not that bad, since I went over my points for two days! But, today is a new day and I tracked EVERYTHING. It's amazing how much food I would have put in my mouth, if I wasn't tracking! I had no idea that one small serving of chocolate souffle was 16 points! That's right, only half of the souffle has 23 grams of fat! And all this time I thought I was doing good by just having one.

It is NOT EASY meausuring my portions, tracking the calories, and planning my meals. But, in the end I know it will be worth it. This is not a trend, this is a lifestyle that I want to have.

Also, THANK YOU to Chubby Chick and Wendy for this awesome award! You guys Rock!!!!














Food for Thought: “The key to change....is to let go of fear." Rosanne Cash

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great job with losing 1 1/2 lbs. It all starts somewhere, right? I'm not doing so well. I'm exercising and tracking what I eat, but I'm not losing anything. It's frustrating!!!!!

Gigi said...

Glad you're back with the program - and lost 1.5 pounds! We all have our moments where we lose control. The important thing is that we get back on track after falling down. Good work.

kaseybobasey said...

Congrats on the weight loss! And don't beat yourself up over a few days...I'm the same way, when I'm stressed...IN GOES THE FOOD. One day, we'll train ourselves not to do that! Haha, I'm rootin' for ya!

Heather said...

Awesome job!! Just thought I'd let you know you inspired me!!! I started counting my points again last week and getting on my treadmill for at least 30 minutes a day, and guess what?!? I lost 4.6 pounds!! YAY! I know it won't be that much every week, but what a way to start! Thanks for giving me the boost I needed! :)

BlondeJustice said...

Way to pick yourself back up chica!! We all stumble and fall. It's what we do to pick ourselves up again that counts. :)

Congrats on the loss!

Wendy said...

yay! 1.5 pounds is awesome!!! i am so happy for you!

isnt it amazing that one piece of pie is that many points?! it is crazy!

Big Girl said...

Good for you 1.5 pounds! It is a lot of work but it's all paying off for you.

Also, congrats on the award! Well deserved.

Sally said...

H.K.,

You ate tons of chocolate and still lost 1.5lbs? Whoo hoo! That's an eating plan even I can handle! Keep it up! And by "keep it up," I mean "keep it down!"

Jess said...

I found your blog at MMB and I love it! I'm also trying to lose weight and transform my life. It's good to find other people doing th same thing!

Mary said...

Great job on the food tracking! It sure doesn't sound easy but hang in there!!
And congrats on the loss for this week :> ohh and the blog award too!

Suzanne said...

Yeah! 1.5 lbs!!:) I did WW for awhile last year--it is a lot of work tracking, but it sure helps. I'm sorry your son is sick AND injured!
YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME THOUGH! Monday I started my "no binging" for 30 days!! I did eat a small piece of cheesecake yesterday for my son's b-day, but I didn't give into the urge to eat 2 or 3 more pieces! No more holidays now though...just hope the I can get through the last week of school!!
THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME IT CAN BE DONE!

Chubby Chick said...

You're quite welcome, my dear! And congrats on the loss! :)

~closed~ said...

Congrats on the loss and happy belated mother's day!

Tammy said...

I just found your blog and I love it! You have a new fan!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Well done! I like to think of these little "diversions" as practice for the long term. Now you KNOW you can indulge and still remain focused on overall health and the bigger picture.