I am ready to FINALLY work with an eating plan that I can work with. I am making a more REALISTIC goal. I have finally admitted I am not "SPEEDY GONSALEZ" when it comes to weight loss. I am more like a TURTLE, a very SLOOOOOW TURTLE. One pound a week aint' bad!
I am not a calorie counter. It's not me, it becomes too much work to count everything. I realized that when I lost my first 20lbs, it wasn't from counting calories. When I was in Weight Watchers, I was on the Core Eating Plan, which basically was just learning about portion control, eating lots of veggies, lean meats, whole grains, and cutting down on sugar and white flour. And I did this on my own, I still wrote down what I ate and how I felt before and after the meal. It was important for me to learn to eat until I was satisfied and not full.
Here's my plan for now:
- drink 6-8 glasses of water
- journal everything I eat and how much (not count calories)
- weigh myself every week, no matter how I feel. Be accountable!
- Portion Control
- Make sure to have a veggie or fruit in every meal.
- When I am craving for sweets, I will have a "healthier" alternative.
- Exercise 6 days a week. If I can't work out for an hour, do some type of movement. Whether it's a 15 minute workout or a walk around the block. The key is to KEEP MOVING.
- Make each Day Count!
I feel really good about this plan. It's something I can live with. It's not overwhelming and it's realistic for where I'm at right now.
Food for Thought: To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
2 days ago