Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year's Thanksgiving was a small celebration at home. Usually on Thanksgiving we go to my sisters, we decided this year to be home. The three hour drive didn't appeal to anyone so it was a quiet Thanksgiving with the three of us and Moe's friend Lance from the football team.


It may not look like it, but I actually had fun preparing the dinner especially since RM was in charge of the turkey and mashed potatoes.


RM was proud of his first Herb Brine Turkey. It was a very delicious turkey- it was full of flavors and the white meat was tender and tasted just as great as the dark meat. It took only 3 days to eat this 18 pound turkey!


We feasted on Green Beans with Apple Cider, Cornbread Stuffing, Buttermilk Biscuits and Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes.


I have always wanted to make a Berry Trifle and Sweet Potato Pie and decided this was the year I would make them- they turned out great! Moe's palette is limited so I made him chocolate chip cookies. I finally found a recipe that I love- the cookies came out thick and chewy.

It was a small low key Thanksgiving dinner- just what we needed this year.


4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You guys are awesome! I am all about small holidays, with just me and Adam. Most people find that sad and pathetic, but we don't have to deal with crazies!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

looks awesome :)

F. McButter Pants said...

WOW! Everything looks awesome. Also looks like you have a lot to me grateful for.

Good to hear from you. You should really post more often.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Looks like you had the perfect Thanksgiving! The food looks delicious!