RM thinks I was having "blogger block"- he may be right. RM has mentioned to me several times how he misses reading my blogs. He's taken many pictures, hoping that one day I would post and write about them in the blog.
That day has come...it's time for me update my blog! But since I don't have access to the pictures he took, this post will have to go without pictures until the next post.
Since it's been five months since I last blogged (almost half the year!), here is a quick update on what happening to our family:
- We have moved twice in the past 4 months! First we moved to the Bay area from Folsom and then moved back...more on that later.
- We knew we would live in a smaller space in the bay area and decided to get rid of a lot of our furnishings and a lot of junk that we kept. It is amazing how much junk we kept! I still kept my old high school transcript and a really bad picture of me with an 80s hair do. The transcript went straight to the garbage- the picture stayed.
- Moe turned 19 years old this year and attends a junior college in the Bay Area and plays football- the team ranked 15th in the nation. He's taking 20 credits and is incredibly busy with school and football and doesn't have much time for a social life. After only a few weeks into practice, Moe dislocated his knee- he missed half the football season. He maintains a great attitude and knows that next season will determine whether football will be in his future. I know he'll be fine with whatever happens. He loves going to the Young Single Adult wards where the ages of those attending church ranges from 18 yrs of age to 25 years. Once football season ends, he's looking forward to getting to know more of the church members and having more time to attend church social events.
- RM has had two promotions in the past several months and with each job promotion comes more responsibility- he relishes the challenges. Of course, that also comes with more traveling which I'm getting used to.
- RM and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary a month ago! RM told me the other day that I'm like fine wine- its gets better with age. Now that is an interesting analogy from someone who doesn't drink alcohol. I wanted to share with you what he wrote on Facebook:
I read that and I had tears rolling down my face as I reflected....how very lucky he is to be married to me- I think I'm a great catch! On a serious note, I'm the world's luckiest gal to have RM as my eternal best friend and partner.
- And the latest update with me, I'm working so it feels great to be earning a paycheck every week and I take some computer courses online. I'm also adjusting to being an official empty Nester.
Last year I called myself an "empty Nester with a child at home". I think parents who have kids in their late teens living with them at home, knows what I mean with that term. It feels so strange that for over 18 years, I always had someone to take care of and now....I'm learning how to cook for one and eating frozen Lean Cuisine Dinners- they're actually quite good!
I'm glad to back into the blogsphere and this time I won't let five months go before I blog again- until next time.