Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Moe: High School Graduate


I am no longer a mother of a high school student. I'm the mom of a high school graduate! The ceremony was scheduled to be held at the high school football stadium, but because of the rain (unusual for our part of town), it was held in the gym and the multipurpose room. It was a full house!

There were a limited number of tickets allowed to each student so my nieces stayed at our house and decorated it for our small grad party afterwards.

I usually dread high school graduations. I rather go to the grad party than to sit through a string of boring speeches, but I found myself enjoying the speeches from the students and faculty. They kept it funny, inspiring, and most importantly...short!

When I asked Moe what was one of the things that he liked most about his graduation. He instantly said, "I'm glad that all three of my Grandmas could make it to my graduation- it made my grad day even more special."


Moe & Grandma H.


Moe and Grandma G from New Zealand


Moe and Nana


5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Congrats to Moe! What are his plans now?

wendy said...

Yay for Moe. Did I ever tell you I had a son who served a mission to New Zealand. He LOVED it.
Graduation speeches are best served when kept short I think...the can still be great...yet short.
I hope his day was magical.

The Crazy Coxes said...

So exciting! Congratulations!!!!

septembermom said...

Congratulations Moe! Hooray for you :) I wish you all the happiness and success in the world!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

CONGRATS!!! I had a graduate too... from 5th grade... lol