Monday, June 21, 2010

Battling the Cravings

I made a commitment to myself to post weekly of my fitness progress and Monday is the best time to do it. Last week, I exercised four times and it was a struggle each time. I had no energy. I was extremely tired and usually when I get myself into the gym and work out for a few minutes, I start to get more energy and work out harder.

That "energy kick" never happened. As I was riding on the bike, all could think of was how much I wanted to put my head down and sleep.

My cravings were also insane. Not only did I crave for something chocolate, I craved for something sweet and gooey. I ate apples, oranges, and pineapples and it didn't satisfy the craving! It usually works, but last week all I could think of was how good a fried bread would taste- oozing with jam and chocolate. I thought of it for 3 days and the cravings never left until I finally made fried bread.

It was delicious and it satisfied my craving. I melted dark chocolate and drizzled it onto the fried bread and also spread jam onto it. It was disgustingly sweet, but oh, did it taste good!

I told RM about my fatigue and cravings and then he reminded me that it was probably PMS. I checked the calendar and he was right! I'm still very tired, I've been taking long naps, and my cravings are somewhat under control. I can't wait for my period to start so my hormones can go back to normal!

I didn't exercise today, it's always hard on Mondays, but I plan to start early tomorrow morning. Despite the cravings and the fatigue, I am glad that I made myself go out and exercise last week. This week the goal is to exercise 5 x this week. I'll report next Monday on my fitness progress!


Food for Thought: “Do you know why they call it 'PMS'? Because 'Mad Cow Disease' was already taken."