Monday, March 9, 2009

Making Today Count!

I am really good at putting things off TOMORROW, especially when it comes to eating healthier.

For example, I'm at a restaurant, there are plenty of healthful options to choose from, but instead this is what I order from the waitress: "I would like to have the Guacamole burger with bacon, make that extra bacon. It comes with fries, right? It does?! Fantastic! I'll have the bottomless basket of fries and oh...I need to watch my weight, so please add a DIET PEPSI with that. Thank You!"

Meanwhile I'm sure my cholesterol level is up, my arteries are probably hardening and I tell myself that I will eat better TOMORROW! Next thing you know another day, a week, and another month passes and every day during that time, you keep telling yourself that you'll do better TOMORROW. Sadly, you haven't lost a single pound.

I am sure that is why I haven't been able to lose weight consistently because I keep putting it off TOMORROW! I woke up this morning tempted to scramble eggs (with the yolks of course), and butter two pieces of toast with lots of jam. Then I remember this quote...

"A moment of pleasure on the lips is a lifetime on the hips." I'm pretty sure I screwed up this quote, so if you know what the correct saying is, please let me know! I'm sure you get the gist. Today is where it counts, who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm determined to MAKE TODAY COUNT!

If you are anything like me, you have tried losing weight for a long time. What do you think is holding you back from losing the weight that you have tried so long to lose?


No comments: