Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Great Coach


Moe called us this past Saturday morning in shock. His head football coach passed away in his sleep Friday night. He was 52 years old.

RM and I were in the store shopping when RM received Moe's phone call. As I looked at RM's face as he talked to Moe, I knew someone very close died. The conversation was short since Moe was still processing the news.

Moe forgot the missionaries were coming to visit him, so when they arrived at his place, he was still in shock. Seeing them brought on the tears as the news finally sunk in- that his coach that was loved by the entire football team including Moe, was no longer here on this earth.

I will be forever grateful for Coach Boyett, he was a positive influence in Moe's life. (Read about his life here) He was a great teacher, had a passion for football, and stressed the importance of education to his team.

As Moe puts it, "He made football fun and I knew he cared about us off and on the field." "He was funny and we laughed a lot during practice."

We chose Foothill College for Moe because of the high percentage rate of student athletes that transferred to 4 year universities and the amount of scholarships offered.

Moe chose this Foothill College because the football players were laughing while they were practicing- they looked happy.

Next season won't be the same without this wonderful coach. He will definitely be missed.





2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. What a tragedy.

Unknown said...

I am so sad that he passed away. 52 years old? Oh my.