Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Forrest Gump!

One of my favorite scenes in the movie "Forrest Gump" is when he decides to go for a run on a whim. His mother dies and the woman that he was in love with, leaves without telling him. What's a man to do? But run across the country for three and a half years!

I kind of relate to that. I had a job interview today that didn't go well, I sounded like a sixteen year old Valley Girl on speed-it was that bad! Moe's graduation, and family grad party is this week, and it's making me a wee bit batty.

And I have a relative that is staying with us until Moe's graduation-though she is extremely sweet...well, let's just say, she's been here only 3 days, yet it feels like a month! Also Moe's Scouts Eagle Board of Review is tomorrow night!

With all this stuff whirling around my head- it was time to do a "Forrest Gump"! I didn't run, but I went outside in the pouring rain and walked.

I didn't think about the miles I was walking.

I didn't care that I was getting soaked.

I didn't pay attention to the time.

After running across the country several times- Forrest Gump suddenly stopped running because he felt like it.

And after walking for over two hours and getting tired- it was time to stop walking. And the stress that I felt earlier?

The rain washed it all away.


Food for Thought: "I'm walking in the rain, just walking in the rain; What a wonderful feeling, I'm happy again."